Friday, January 13, 2006

Great news!

After two loooooooooong years, the settlement for my car accident is finally settled! I was beginning to wonder if this was going to go on for the rest of my life. I really hate suing people. I think the United States as a whole has become a litigation-happy society and I can't stand the vultures out there just waiting for something to happen to you so they can reap the benefits. When I got hit by the guy, I had completely intended on handling things myself. I was injured and his insurance company knew that. I got them to pay for my car (it was totalled) and after that, they refused to deal with me anymore. I had no choice but to find a lawyer. This whole thing has been one huge drawn-out process that seriously should not have taken two years to settle. Some of the claims they were making so they could try to weasel out of paying were absolutely ludicrous! At one point, the insurance company even tried to claim that the accident was MY fault even though HE got a ticket, HE ran a stop sign, and the police report shows all that. Unbelievable.

I'm so happy it's over now! Scott thinks I should get more money than I'm getting, but to me...I'm just glad it's over, I'm not hurting anymore because of it and I can move on with my life.

2 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

Congrats hun! May this be the start of a good new year for you! love ya.

GUYK said...

ditto what Livey said