Thursday, July 28, 2005

And another 10 lbs melted away

I went to the doctor yesterday (neurologist) over this weird headache thing I've been getting when I turn my eyes to the left. He said he noticed something in my left eye (he had a name for it, but I don't remember what it is) that indicated to him that I have another area of inflammation in my brain. Fortunately, it's getting better as time goes on, so he opted to do nothing at this time and advised me to keep him posted if I notice any weakness in my left arm or more weakness in my left leg. He also noticed there is still a deficit in my left leg. It will take awhile for that to calm down. He said that's part of the reason I have trouble climbing stairs. Time will tell!

On a happy note: I have lost another 10 lbs!! Yaaaaaaay! I'm so happy about this, I could just pee!

That's 32 lbs total...

6 comments:

GUYK said...

Congrats!! Losing 10 pounds is work. But, just to let you know I found them and will let you have them back if you want them.

I have a pretty good idea about what you are going through vision wise. I was born blind in one eye and couldn't seeout the other. Wore glass damn near all my life because of nearsightnedness and a touch of astigmatism. Last fall I had a eye surgeon work on the eyes for cateracks. When he was done- a 12 minute procedue on each eye-I would up with 20-15 in one eye and 20-20 in the othet. I was able to see what I looked like in the mirrow without glasses for the first time in my life! Scared hell out of me. Even the poodle looked at me kind of strange but I guess I still smelled the same.

Here I am on a ramble on your band width-whatever that means. take care, Guy

Andi said...

Wow! I'm really glad that surgery helped you be able to see again! I can't imagine how awful it has to be to not be able to see things that others see. Don't worry about posting comments in length here. I don't get too many visitors, so the comments are very welcomed.

Northwoods Woman said...

Congrats Andi! Now don't go letting that left eye thing go either. Keep a very close eye on it.

Andi said...

I will do that!! I think I'm going to call the doctors in Madison. They seem to have a better idea of what they're talking about.

GUYK said...

"Don't worry about posting comments in length here. I don't get too many visitors, so the comments are very welcomed." I am going to try to put you on my blog roll-I have managed to screw up a couple so far and Livey fixed 'em for me so mabe she will fix this one if I mess it up. A lot of times people are just surfing blog rolls and if they see what they like they stay and read. I do and that the way I found Livey, acidman, Bill Quick over at Daily Pundit-a good read by the way, and several others I read.

Andi said...

Ohhh thanks! I appreciate it!