Saturday, January 06, 2007

What a LONG day!

Today was Andy's first wrestling tournament. Here's what one of these things is like:

Registration starts at 7am (even though everyone's already pre-registered weeks in advance)...

Then we have weigh-ins...takes about 5 minutes...

Then we sit around for 2 hours while they set up brackets for the tournament...

Then we wait another hour because someone screwed up...

Wrestlers start wrestling somewhere around 11-11:30am...

3 rounds of wrestling at 1.5 hours each round = 4.5 hours of wrestling of which YOUR kid will actually wrestle (if he's lucky) for a grand total of 13.5 minutes...

Go get your medal, trophy, or whatever they're giving out that day...

Sometime around 4-4:30pm...leave the building and drive home from whatever city is hosting the tournament. Today, we were lucky, the city was only a half an hour away. They do these tournaments on Saturdays AND Sundays and some of them are 2 hours away! I love my son like no one else LOL but I think his dad will be stepping up on this one and taking him to some of his meets lol

I'm EXHAUSTED!!

I had one of those night's of sleep last night where I kept looking at the clock thinking maybe 2 hours or so had gone by and found that it had only been like 5 minutes...I think I got about an hour's worth of sleep last night with all that waking up. I got up at 4:30am cuz I had to pee, and decided to take a shower then, to save some time and try to get rid of this burdgeoning backache I was getting. I went back to bed, but didn't sleep...and finally rousted my ass out of bed at about 6:15am. I hope to sleep better tonight!!

No comments: