Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Boycotting Walmart!!

I'm boycotting Walmart. They will never get another penny of my money. EVER!

In order to understand the gravity of the situation I was put in, you must first understand what it's like to be me at Christmas time. I HAAAAAATE to shop. I don't use the word "hate" all that often, but I do in this case. I don't like the lines, the pushy people, any of it. I would rather cut off an arm than go shopping. I never have and never will understand those people that go shopping just for the sake of shopping. I have no patience for any of it. So when I'm forced to go...I'm not happy about it.

That being said, I know there are alot of things that we need to buy for the new house here. For the sake of the family, I will put my personal feelings aside and go shopping.

Last week, Scott hands me his debit card (we have seperate accounts and he had more money than I did) and tells me we need some things at the store. So I drudge out in the cold and snow to get these things at our local Walmart. Now, this is not the first time I've used Scott's debit card...nor is it the first time I'd used his card at that very store. Suddenly, it's a problem.

I set out to get what I gotta get and get the hell outta there. I picked up a computer chair, a bath mat and a couple little odds and ends. Nothing major. I get up to the checkout and the lady rings everything up for me. I swipe the card and when she asked credit or debit I said "credit" because I know Scott will get charged a dollar if I use it on debit. The lady says she needs to see the card. No problem. I handed it over to her. She looks at the card and declares "You CANNOT use your husband's card". I said "WHAT??" and she repeated herself and added that I cannot sign for this purchase. I said "fine, you do whatever you need to do, ring it back up and I'll use it was a debit card and use the pin number". She said "Ok" and had the manager come over and delete the other purchases from the system. Then she RErung everything up and I swiped the card and put in the pin number. The transaction was approved and the receipt came out. The manager grabbed the receipt and looked at it. Then she said "this is the same card". I said "that's right!". She said "You CANNOT use your husband's card!". I said "You have GOT to be kidding me! It's already rung up...gone through!". Mind you, by now there is a line forming behind me pretty long. I was pissed! I said "You know what??" *grabbing my purse out of the cart and pushing the cart with the purchases in it* "Keep your shit!", and I walked out. The greeter lady told me to have a nice night to which I replied something to the affect of how I'd never shop there ever again.

The next day, I go online to check Scott's account (I balance his checkbook) and BOTH purchases were debited from his account! We had to go down there and let them know in no uncertain terms that they were to send a credit immediately! It took them 4 days to credit his account.

I told myself that I'd let everyone I come in contact with know about how I was treated that day and I have not failed on that mission yet. I figured one of the best ways to get the word out that Walmart as a whole is a piece of shit institution that doesn't deserve our money is to blog about it. So here I am.

I will NEVER shop there again. I'm standing up for my principles. My son thinks one person not going somewhere will not do any good. I say I may be just one person...but a whole army starts with just one. Isn't that what the government says in those cheesy military commercials? I figure if I let everyone know and everyone I know lets everyone they know about how I was treated there...maybe they'll lose enough business and pull the stick they have up their asses out long enough to realize they've done it all wrong. I STRONGLY believe in word-of-mouth. So...tell all your friends and have your friends tell their friends. I'm SICK of sending my money places it's not well-deserved!

5 comments:

GUYK said...

Works for me. Now if I could just get sweetthing to go along with me we could cost Walmart about 500 bucks amonth in business. Mulitple that by a million and we might cost the about one percent of their business. Damn, it is a big outfit ain't it?

Andi said...

Sometimes the biggest giants go down with the smallest stone. I'm standing up for what is right.

Norman said...

ok. i'll boycott them too. I'm already mad at them. They've built their 4th super walmart here, and there are only 150,000 in this town.... greedy asses. That's what they are! Greedy Asses! They don't stop to consider all the 'home-town' businesses they are running out of business. They just want to make their greedy asses more filthy richier! (is that a word? richier?)

phew. See? I'll stand wit' ya!

norm!

Andi said...

Wooohoooo Norm!!!

Thanks hon!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »