Tuesday, December 27, 2005

OH yay! It's over!

I had a great holiday weekend, but OMG am I glad it's over! Three days of parties is just TOO much!

Christmas Eve we went to my parents' house. On the way there, we ran out of gas. The gas gauge in my car doesn't work so we have to keep track of mileage when we fill the tank. When we lived up north, we got GREAT gas mileage because most of the miles put on the car were highway miles. Now that we're down here, all our miles are city miles and we didn't take that into consideration. Also, Scott was driving and his close up vision is not great and he read the odometer wrong. Scott started to walk the mile back to the gas station we'd passed. Someone picked him up and drove him there. Then he bought a gas can (because ours was at home) and got 2 gallons of gas and started to walk back. He said he got about 10 yards out of the gas station parking lot when a nice lady picked him up and gave him a ride back to the car. We weren't stuck there very long. I was happy for that! So we got there...but a little late. My parents own a bowling alley and we always go down there after we open gifts at the house. The kids bowl until their fingers fall off and my mom and dad have a private party of just friends and family. It's nice. I usually end up tending bar, but I don't mind. I volunteer to help out.

Then Christmas day we went to my brother and sister-in-law's house for Christmas with Scott's family. It was really nice. Everyone ate, drank and was generally merry. My brother-in-law wanted to have everyone there by noon so that they would all leave by 4pm so the two of them and Scott and I could go over to his neighbor's house and watch the Packer game on big screen. That guy cracks me up. We stayed until half-time then drove home. We were having Scott's family over here the next day and needed to get the house ready for company.

Then yesterday we had Scott's entire family here to see the new house. It was a houseful, I'll tell ya that much. Scott has 4 brothers and sisters, his parents were here, wives, boyfriends, an extra dog and a HOARD of kids! It was insane, but really nice to have them all here at once. We weren't expecting all of them to show up. I'm glad they did.

It's all over now and as much as I had a good time and was happy to see family and friends, I'm REALLY glad it's over. I haven't even gotten dressed today. I'm sitting around in my jammies...just getting some quality downtime. The boys are at a friend's house. They called a little while ago and asked if their friend could come over but I said "tomorrow". I need a day to just regroup.

I will be back to normal tomorrow.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Enjoy the quality downtime while it lasts!

I'm doing pretty much the same :)

GUYK said...

I am glad you are settled in the new place OKAY. And that Packers game wasn't much of a game was it

Andi said...

The Packers game BLEW! LOL