Monday, December 19, 2005

The reports are in!

Mid-term reports came out for the kids today. My son and Scott's son go to the same school but have no classes together. We prefer it that way. They have a tendency to get in trouble when they're together.

I thought my son was going to have problems adjusting to the new school but it looks as if he was ahead of what they're doing down here up at his old school. I'm happy about that. My stepson however is failing badly. Five failing grades on his mid-term. We're going to talk to his counselor at school about it and Scott's going to talk to his ex-wife and see what they can do. Everyone wants to blame his mom (me included) but when it boils right down to it, it's really my stepson's fault. He's just not trying. It almost seems as if he's purposely failing the 6th grade! I can't for the life of me figure out why, but we will find out soon enough. He is always very open and honest with his dad when no one else is around so we're going to set up a little meeting of sorts between him and my hubby. I hope he can get to the bottom of it. I would really hate to see that kid fail 6th grade. Around here, they don't mess around and they have no problem holding a kid back for things like this. I can't help but wonder if there is something going on that we don't know about.

We've offered to have him dropped off here after school so that I can keep an eye on his homework and whether or not it's getting done. His mom however doesn't like me (not that I care) and Scott works second shift so she won't let him come over here if I'm the only one here. She doesn't want her son and I spending time together because she fears he will love me more than her. It's really stupid. This woman is 52 years old and acts like a 12 year old half the time! I know Scott's going to talk to her on Friday and maybe he'll be able to convince her it's in their son's best interest to have him come over here. She's not home when he gets home from school and she doesn't check his homework. I do!

I just wanna see the kids succeed. That's all. Plain and simple.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear we aren't the only parents in the situation like yours. Here 6th grade goes to the Middle School. We ended up putting his oldest one in a one on one study hall for special help in school. Went to school and said he needed help and they worked with us. Seemed to bring his grades up. But your right, they HAVE to want to get the work done and bring it home. Guess it's not cool to bring work home, but rather take a missing grade and fail. KIDS..I tell ya!! So your not the only one out there in your situation Andi..Hang in there.

At least your the fathers wife, I'm not..but they still let me have a say in what we'd like for the kids. You might want to just go to school and talk to the cousilors and tell them the situation and I bet they'll work with you, they wants what best for the kids too, specially when YOU want to help them along.

Best wishes,
Ice

GUYK said...

At least the school gives grades and has no problems failing them if they do not make the grade. Sometimes just letting the kid know you are concerned about him and want him to do better will help. But then again sometimes the system has put a kid in a situation that he can't handle and holding him back for a repeat is the best thing. Just be sure that he understands that he will have to do the same old stuff again next year...

Northwoods Woman said...

Awww you're such a good mom honey.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Awning caravan supplier Acura hooked rsx up Cars bentley bently See's candy kitchen tours http://www.toyota-highlander-1.info/acura-tl.html Airfares from northwest airlines Fioricet fioicet with codeine 1995 acura integra pictures water bed heater Corning ware cornflower blue 5qt. dutch oven Rma certified light truck tires Tv service dacatur alabama 4 burner induction cooktops acura honda zippo Pics of latina star olivia o lovely 2004 accord body kit sedan the first computer bug abortion pain relief