Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Pardon the Interruption

I know it's been quiet here lately. Too quiet, I think.

With Christmas coming up and getting the house the way we want it, I haven't had much time to get online. My in-laws are coming on Sunday to see the house and it's really important to me that the house be completely done by then. I just have to put a couple of pictures up and then organize a little better and we're all done. I spent most of the day today cleaning, organizing and getting everything straightened up downstairs. It looks nice. I'm very proud.

Unfortunately, with Scott working 12 hour days, I'm having to do alot of this by myself. I don't mind really. I understand how hard he works and he shouldn't have to worry about doing all this menial, tedious stuff when he's home.

On Saturday, I'm driving down to the Madison area to go visit a friend of mine. She's older and disabled and desperately has been wanting to bake cookies and such for the holidays but is unable to stand long enough to do so on her own. I'm gonna help her bake up a storm and make her a few meals she can freeze so she has plenty to eat without having to worry about cooking it all. I'm sure we'll have a blast! I'm taking along some Christmas CDs. I can't wait!

Then Christmas eve, we're going to my parents' house for celebration and general merriment. My parents own a bowling alley so after we open gifts at their house, we're all going to go down there and let the kids bowl until their fingers fall off (well maybe we'll stop just before that happens lol). My parents always open up the lanes on Christmas eve, just for close friends and family. It's always loads of fun.

Christmas day, my sister-in-law and I are co-hosting Christmas festivities at her house, so I'll have lots of food to make that morning. Generally, we have our kids on Christmas eve and then they go with their other parents on Christmas day, so we'll be sans children that day. I miss them so much on Christmas morning, but Christmas eve morning we usually do all our household family present-opening. I'm just so happy that we finally have some extra money to get the kids something nice for Christmas. They're good kids. They deserve it.

Y'all have holiday plans? Tell me about them!

2 comments:

GUYK said...

Yeah, I'll prbably be sitting up all night with my shotgun so I can keep the reaindeer from dumping in my yard. Understand that reindeer steaks are pretty good and the meat is healthy. If I dodn't bag a reaindeer I reckon I'll have to eat some of that damn yardbird sweetthing allows she is gonna burn for Christman dinner. I rather take a whuppin.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS

Northwoods Woman said...

Awww you are so sweet darlin, I'm be doing exactly what I do any other day of the year, but it's ok with me now. Hope yours is enjoyable you deserve it!