Monday, September 26, 2005

Disaster on the Highway






Ok, I'm going to start this story out with a little background.

Every weekend, we drive 3.5 hours one way to pick up my stepson and drop off my son at his dad's house. Then we turn around, drive home and two days later, we make the trip all over again, only in reverse. We do this EVERY WEEKEND.

Ok so here's how it went...

Friday we went down and came back up completely uneventful. Then yesterday, we went down there without any problems and on the way home, about 2 hours from here, we had a blowout on the highway. Other than it being dark outside, there was really no big deal about it. We put the donut on and away we went. We got to about 20 miles from the house. It was dark and kinda foggy. A deer was trotting along from the left side of the highway to the right. We had no time to stop. No way to swerve and we hit it pretty hard. It was a HUGE buck. It hit my hood, then hit the windshield, then rolled up on top of my car and scratched the shit outta my roof, then came down, scratched the back window and the trunk before it finally hit the ground.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the damage done to your car.. such a frightening feeling hitting a deer.. I know, I have 5 of them (cause of the area I live in ~ Northwoods)

Hope it doesnt take much to get the car back on the road :)
~Kim~

GUYK said...

I hope you jumped out and ciut its throat and bled it out and then took both hindquarters. That might help the grocery bill a little bit and help pay for the car damage.

Timberwolf said...

I hope everyone was ok, Andi. Gotta be scary in something like that.

Northwoods Woman said...

At least everyone is ok right?