Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hard work...

Hard work really helps a girl sleep! I've been busy for the past 5 days and I tell ya, I haven't slept so well in all my life. My parents own a bowling alley. They just purchased it last December and have now finally decided to have a grand opening. It was this past Saturday. Scott and I drove down to my parents' and we helped them get things ready Friday night. We finally got back to my parents' house around 1am. Saturday we woke up about 9am and was back at the bowling alley by 10am. We worked getting everything set up til 1pm when the party started. There was a band from 2-6 and a DJ/Karaoke guy from 7-10pm. Scott and I managed to work the grand opening the entire day! Literally worked from 10am til 10pm in the hot sun. All volunteers were able to drink free all day so we did get some beer-drinkin done (all day in the sun doesn't matter much after a few beers). We were so tired by 10pm, all we could do was sink ourselves into a barstool and veg out for awhile. We managed to get out of there about 1:30am. We went back to mom and dad's and slept til 9:30 Sunday morning. Then we got up, went back to the alleys and helped them tear it all down. We did get to take home an 8lb. box of hamburger patties home with us, so I guess it wasn't all for nothing lol.

Yesterday, I got up early but laid in bed watching TV awhile. Finally I got up, did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the living room and then ran to the gas station. Coming back with the gas we needed for the lawn mower, I set about mowing the lawn. I have never mowed before (well maybe once when I was 12 years old) so I had to ask my son how to start the lawn mower. Once I got that down, I went about my business. It took me awhile to finish because I had to take a break a couple times, but I did get it done! I was so proud of myself, I couldn't stop grinning for hours! After I cut the grass, I came in, showered, relaxed for a bit and then went to my son's 6th grade orientation. Then came home and cooked supper lol. What a busy day it was!

Today, I vegged for awhile and then did my arm workout and did the dishes. Aside from making dinner tonight, I don't think I'm going to venture into anything else.

Whewwwwwwwww!

No comments: