Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Whew!!

It's been a long damn time since I posted here on my blog! I've been really busy getting my artwork finished so I can sell these pieces. I want to start making such good money, that Scott can quit his job and work here with me. I have this dream of the two of us working side by side (like when we met, only this time we'll be partners and he won't be my boss *giggles*) and making good money, taking trips and having a good time. I hope that my artwork can make that happen. As soon as these pieces are finished (probably tomorrow), I will get pictures of them and I will post them here so you can all see what I've been up to. Last night, I had to spray paint the pieces I'm finishing. I've never spray painted anything before and BOY did I learn a lesson! First, I covered a table with an old sheet (not realizing of course that liquid soaks through sheet fabric), then I started to spray, but was standing too far away and the spray just kept getting blown away with the wind (onto the house), when I finally got that worked out, I managed to spray paint the black pieces too thick and now I think it'll take a week for these things to dry! I am a very smart person, but for some reason, I find it difficult to plan ahead. Example: I should have spray painted these pieces before I did any other work on them. It would have solved a multitude of problems and made things much easier. Unfortunately, my loving husband has the same character flaw as I have. We are both the kind of people that just jump right into a project without thinking too hard about what will be the best way to do it. In our defense though, we are quick learners and we quickly find out the best way to do it by the errors we've made. So from now on, I'll do things the right way and save myself a couple days.

No comments: