Saturday, August 20, 2005

Major Ouchies!

Ok, so last night we went to go pick up my stepson. His house is 3.5 hours away from us, so it's usually an all-day event to go get him. We pulled up at his house and no one was home. We thought for sure this was the standard "ex being a bitch" scenario which she tends to pull a couple times a year. So I called Scott's ex to see what was going on. The first time, no one answered. The second time I called (Yeah I'm a pain in the ass) her brother answered the phone and said they were at the hospital. My stepson had cut his hand doing dishes and was going in for stitches. So we drove to the hospital just in time to see the doctor put the stitches in. He had to have four of them put in. His index finger is split open down the side of it between the index and middle fingers. So now he's in a splint and we have to take him to the hospital here in 3-5 days to get those stitches out. He also cut his middle finger, but fortunately he didn't have to have stitches in that one.

As a footnote:
We did discover that MY son has no stomach for blood. He walked into the ER room and saw the needle and the blood and he turned 3 shades of green before he excused himself. Poor kid. He's almost 12 and he said to me, "I play those mature games in PS2 and I thought blood wouldn't bother me, but I guess it does". I told him there was a huge difference between animated blood in a game and the real thing. Now we know.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

Soory for the kid, know it has to hurt-but such is life in the big city and the country. I have to laugh at your boy turning green because of the blood-though I have seen that happen with grown men. One of the reasons that I am a firm believe that kids should be taught to shoot and hunt at an early of an age as possible. Many will never hunt agaiun after the first kill and sight of blood but that is alright. They learn what a gun is and what damage it can do and that it is a tool-a very dangerous one if not used properly. But, so is a knife or a broken glass dish!