Monday, August 01, 2005

Lumpy boobs and doctor tales

So last night, I found a lump in my left boob. I called the doctor this morning and she got me in at 4pm today. I walk into the room and the nurse asks me a million questions and then hands me this gown and tells me to put it on with the opening in the front, then left the room. I took my top off and unfolded the gown. I shit you not, this thing was meant for a 10-year old! So I put it on...and it's so tight around my arms and back that I can't even put my arms down straight. Then I look down and the opening in the front of this gown leaves me totally uncovered in the booble region (yeah, I know...that's not a word). So now I'm laughing pretty hard. I told Scott there was no way I could keep this gown on and he asked why not. So I stood up in the middle of the room, started flapping my arms to show him I couldn't put them down right and at the same time, the front is completely open and my boobs are flappin in the breeze!! Scott starts laughing hysterically. I asked him if he'd go out and find the nurse to get a bigger gown and he did. He came back a couple minutes later to let me know that there was some sort of mixup and they were sent the wrong gowns and have no others. I start laughing and flapping my arms and grabbed the edges of the gown opening and spread them wide open like I'm flashing him. We're both laughing so hard, we're crying. Then the doctor walks in and gave me a sheet to cover up with. The whole time the doctor was in the room, we were giggling and having a grand ole time! I swear, it was a sight to behold! If only we'd have had our digital cam...we could have gotten pics for y'all!!

P.S. I go in for a mammogram on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

LOL @ booble region. Hope it turns out ok for you Andi! will keep you in my prayers.

GUYK said...

LOL some of those hospital gown are supposed to be put on backwards with the front covered and my butt hanging out-or at lest on me my butt hangs out. Seems as if they don't have anything made by Omar the Tent maker and that what it takes to cover me. But, what the hell, if they have not seen a hairy butt before they don't know what it is and if they have it just don't make no difference.

Good luc kid, I'l be checking back to see how you are doing.