Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving update and a few other doodads

Well, looks like Thanksgiving has been canceled at my aunt's house this year. Seems she's sprung a leak in her kitchen and bathroom. Unless we all wanna be water-logged and wearing our scuba gear, we are not to attend. Soooo, figuring we didn't wanna miss out on EVERYTHING, Scott and I decided to have our Thanksgiving feast complete with all three of our kids at a wonderful restaurant called Wild Cat Inn Supper Club. Reservations for 5 at 5. Sounds yummy!! (Please note the happy inflection in the tone of my voice as I no longer have to pack, move AND cook!!)

Also, we're gonna be moving on Friday. Everything is falling into place. All the utilities are being transferred, shut off and turned on...whichever way it needed to be. Unfortunately when you move from northwestern Wisconsin to southeastern Wisconsin, not too many of the utility companies are the same. Oh well, it's done...that's my point.

I'm cruising right along on the packing! The kitchen is done, the bedroom is done, the bathroom is done, the living room is mostly done (minus the computer I'm using now and the one next to it that sits dormant most of the time because we think it's possessed by the devil himself).

I am now informing all of you that I will be offline from tomorrow night (Thanksgiving night) until sometime on Monday. Apparently the cable company doesn't like to work Thanksgiving weekend either! LOL

I managed to slice my thumb while doing some work today so I'm on this short little break. Being the "work-through-the-pain" kinda gal that I am, I just wrapped my thumb in paper towel and continued about what I was doing until I could get time to wash it off and wrap it in bandages. It appears I did a pretty good job of it though, about an inch and a half vertically down my thumb. DAMN blood thinners! I can't even cut myself without bleeding like a stuck pig! It's done bleeding now though, Thank God and I'm just about ready to continue on my crusade of getting every damn thing we own into a box somehow!

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving and are able to spend it with the ones you love! I will see you all on Monday as I probably won't have time to post again tomorrow.

With love and kindness (and a cut thumb),
Andi

8 comments:

Kim said...

Good luck with the move, cant wait to hear about the moving adventures! Happy Thanksgiving to you also! ~Kim~

GUYK said...

I hope you have a Happy holiday and the move is not too stressful. I know the repost is gonna be funny and I am waiting for it. Guy

Northwoods Woman said...

Damn I guess you aren't coming up here before you move huh? lol it's ok hun, I'm happy you are happy.

Superglue that cut, works everytime. I use ducttape over it for extra precaution too.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and everything goes smoothly for you. See ya Monday! Hugssssss

Anonymous said...

Hi Andi, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on thanksgiving gift basket when I found your page. Your site describing this post is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on thanksgiving gift basket then drop by the site above and check it out.

Anonymous said...

You need to go to Livey's house and help her, Cat

Anonymous said...

Hi Andi, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on thanksgiving gift basket when I found your page. Your site describing this post is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on thanksgiving gift basket then drop by the site above and check it out.

Anonymous said...

What a great site »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Multitrip travel insurance holy Adult dvd movie rental online 20 Insurance coverage for pet sitting business http://www.side-effects-of-neurontin.info/miele-fjm-vacuum-cleaner-bags.html Clearance projectors cleaner part royal vacuum tv jvc demo mode Fluoxetine tablet description sidekick 2 vs blackberry Accounting basic terms Cartoon vacation Development online production training video 2000w cylinder vacuum cleaners Chrysler 300m special video sleeping pill order ambien