Sunday, October 09, 2005

Embarrassing moments Part One

Ok...so I'm going to divulge a couple of my most embarrassing moments to y'all.

Today's moment:

Last week Friday, Scotto, Andy and I went to the post office on our way out of town. I had two packages to ship out to my customers and so I went in alone and Scott and Andy stayed in the car. I went in, there was no line so I got right up there, had everything taken care of. I walked out of the building and there are four steps leading down to the sidewalk. I have been having dizziness issues lately so I was being very careful about walking down those steps. I got to the bottom of the steps and walked to the car. I grabbed the door handle and found that the door was locked. I did what any normal person would do...I knocked on the window and said (rather loudly) "Hey, lemme in!". Right after I said that, I looked into the car and staring back at me was the face of a woman I don't know. She was talking on the cell phone and looking at me as if I'd just escaped from an insane asylum! I realized then that I was trying to get in the wrong car! I could instantly feel my face get very hot and red. I walked away from her car and headed for our car parked right behind her. I opened my car door and the lady in front of us got out of her car and headed toward the post office. I just looked at her and said "I am SO sorry!". She was really nice about it and said back, "That's ok!". I got in our car and I looked at Scott and said to him, "Why didn't you honk the horn or something?". He said that he thought maybe I was doing a favor for someone and grabbing a package out of their car. I put my face into my hands and I didn't move until we were far away from the post office.

Now, I...like many people in the world have occasionally walked in on people in bathroom stalls where the door wasn't locked. That's embarrassing enough...but I have NEVER tried to get into another person's vehicle! All I could think about for the next hour was what would have happened if her car door hadn't been locked! I would have gotten in that car!! Funny thing is, her car didn't look anything like ours. We have a green Pontiac Grand Prix. Her car was a dusty blue and I think it was a Honda or Toyota or something like that.

Scott has been telling a lot of jokes lately, at my expense of course. He thinks it's hysterical that I would try to get into someone else's car. Everytime we drive by a car he likes, he'll say, "Hey, you should get in that one!" That man sometimes...I swear I could just smack him! LOL

4 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

HAHAHAHA!

Don't feel bad Andi, I've gotten in the wrong car and said "Ok honey lets go home and fuck," to a woman!

Andi said...

OMG I'd have died if I had done that!!! LOL

GUYK said...

LOL, you are having senior moments and you ain't even a senior!

sue said...

My daughter and I came out of a store once and hopped into an unlocked car I thought was ours until the key wouldn't work ...and, uh...there was stuff in it that didn't look familiar. We just looked at each other and got all embarrassed and hoped NO ONE saw us!