Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Where'd it go??

My money that is. I get money in...I grab the bills and settle in for the morning and pay them all. By the time I'm done, half of my hair is missing, my hand is cramped from writing checks, I can no longer add 2+2 nor can I subtract 2-2. I finish paying all the bills and now it's time for me to balance my checkbook. I get out my trusty calculator and start totalling up this and that, subtracting where needed (unfortunately, this subtracting thing happens more often than not), and getting it all worked out. I finally am done balancing. I look down at the number....



WHAT DO YOU MEAN $5.13???? Oh God, I'm so broke, I can't even buy myself a Big Mac meal if I wanted one!!!

That's when the crying begins. It won't stop til the day before the next time I have to pay bills. LOL


Ahhhhh life in 2005...it sure is...is...is...interesting. Yeah, interesting...that's it.

1 comment:

sue said...

I can feel your pain. Before I got into this farm life (married a farmer) I lived in town, had a budget, had a regular paycheck, the whole thing. Now who knows what we'll make from year to year? Hubby warned me in the beginning: you'll see more money than you've ever seen in your life... but you'll also write bigger checks than you ever have for bigger bills. He was right. I panic if I only have $500 in the checking account, 'cause it's gonna go as fast as your $5. It's nuts!!