Monday, October 10, 2005

Embarrassing Moments Part Two

A number of years back, before I met my husband I dated this guy. We'll call him "George". George and I use to have so much fun together! I hate to shop and he loved it so it was nice that he would go shopping and get what we wanted/needed and I didn't have to go. Every now and then I'd go with him to the store. It wasn't often and after "the incident" I didn't go with him again. It was about 9pm on a Saturday night. "George" said he had a hankerin for some junk food and asked if I'd go to the store with him. I wasn't dressed properly (as in no bra) so I just slipped on my new jacket. Let me stop and explain the jacket for a second. "George" had bought me this jacket the week prior to my incident. It was a suede jacket and the inside was all fur. It was gorgeous, very warm and quite heavy. Ok, so I put this jacket on over my t-shirt and off we went. It was cold outside but with my jacket, I was toasty warm. We pulled into the grocery store parking lot and walked into the store. We grabbed a cart and started walking up and down the aisles. The jacket was heavy and it kept sliding back and the front would come up and get right up on my neck. I hate that! So I kept grabbing the front of the jacket and pulling it back down. All through the store, I kept doing this. Well, we finally got done shopping and we're at the checkout. Suddenly, we realized that we forgot to pick up onions, so I said I'd run over to that department, grab them and run right back. As I headed for the onions, I noticed there were people looking at me funny. I got to the onions and there were two guys standing there and they were staring at me and laughing. I couldn't understand what everyone's problem was. I reached down to grab the onions and when I looked down I realized that my left boob was hanging out!!!! Every time I would pull the front of my jacket down in the store, my t-shirt underneath would roll up a little. After doing this throughout the store, my shirt had rolled up so it was sitting just above my boobs. As I was running to get the onions, the top button on my jacket came open and my left boob popped out. I wanted to die!!! I quickly closed my jacket up, grabbed the onions and slinked back to the checkout. I'm sure I looked like someone who was stealing something because I was making a conscious effort to keep my jacket closed. We paid for everything quickly and left. When we got out into the parking lot, "George" asked me what was wrong. I opened up my jacket and showed him my dilemma. He laughed so hard, I thought he was gonna pass out! I told this story to the girls on the team I bowled with and to this day, I still hear it told back to me!! It was pretty bad!

4 comments:

Mise en Place said...

Oh My MAN! That is hysterical. I bet those guys still shop there waiting for you to return for more onions, lol!!

Very funny post!

Northwoods Woman said...

I wouldn't have been embarrassed, I woulda said "Whatsa matter, you never see a fat roll before?"

Andi said...

ROFLMAO Livey!!!!

sue said...

Oh.My.God. I wouldn't be able to show my face again... anywhere! It's funny...but glad it was YOU, not me!

Livey always has the best come-backs!