Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'll be gone

I'll be gone all weekend now. Today, Scott and I are going to a wedding and then the reception is at the Holiday Inn, so we just got a room. Scott's last day at his job was yesterday and he starts at his new job on Monday. He'll be down by the Milwaukee area, working and looking for a house for us. I'll be up here with my son and I'll only be seeing Scott on the weekends. Neither one of us is looking forward to being apart, but we're strong...we'll make it. This wedding this afternoon is for a couple that Scott has been working with up here. So EVERYONE that Scott worked with will be there (hence the reason we got a room lol). We didn't figure there'd be much driving afterward.

Oh and guess what??? My daughter got her driver's license on Thursday!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Ash!!! I can't believe my daughter is old enough to drive a car!! She's so sweet, though. The first big amount of driving she did was last night when she picked her brother up at his dad's house, took him out to eat and then bowling. I love that girl!

Have a great weekend all...I'm off (and I'm not talking about my mental state although that's probably true too!).

3 comments:

The Complimenting Commenter said...

Sounds like some great times happening. I hope that you have a great time over the weekend. And your daughter sounds really nice, you must have raised her well. Great post and site.

sue said...

You'll be all over this by the time I get this posted, but I hope you have a great time! Getting a room sounds like a wise thing to do...

Don't they grow up fast? Sheesh!

Northwoods Woman said...

Congrats on getting more grey hairs! lol