Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Emotional or Physical?

I don't know if y'all know, but I've had pretty bad medical problems for alot of years. I'm not saying this because I expect anyone to feel sorry for me, quite the contrary...I'd much rather have fun than have pity. Here's what's happenin now.

Scott left on Sunday to begin his new job 200 miles away from here. I think I'm ok with it, and I know I'm tough. But it's the strangest damn thing...for the past two days I've been miserable! Not emotionally, I seem to have that going well, but physically I feel like shit! I'm EXTREMELY tired all the time. I have pains on the left part of my chest, feels like I pulled a muscle or something. I get headaches everyday. It's the weirdest things. Now, I know alot of what goes on with me is physical and beyond my control, but I have myself wondering now if part of my problem isn't on the emotional side. You all know how that goes...emotional issues can be directly related to your physical health.

I don't think that things are so bad, that I need to see a doctor or anything, just a little taxing on my brain these days, that's all.

What do y'all think?? I would love to hear your thoughts on this one!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I think it's a little of both...I know I have been getting sick more due to stress at work...sucks. Hope you get to feeling better! (Made my way by Sue at Torn Pages)

Andi said...

Welcome to my blog Manda, and thanks so much for your ideas!!

Misty said...

I *reckon* you need to get yourself to a properly qualified aromatherapy/massage therapist. (I am one myself, but I don't think anyone would want to spend the airfare) Ask around (or just 'wish' if that makes sense?) and you should find someone nearby that can help.
A general check up with your doc wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Do hope you feel better soon, x

GUYK said...

Stress will do it to you Andi. Stress is a bigger killer than Ben Laden and just as about as ugly. There are a whole lot of ways to fight stress-exercise of course is one of the best. Amother is meditation if you can train yourself to do it right.

Try this. Lay down, get in a comfortable position. Now concentrate on your big toe on your right foot. Relax it and do not move it and keep concentrating on it. After it is completely relaxed move to your other toes and do the same. Then up your foot, alkle, and to your thigns then the same with the other leg. Then do it a part of your body at a time until every muscle is still and relaxed. It takes a while to learn the technique-I learned it in stress management classes years ago and it works well for me when I am sick and unable to take a walk or go fishing or whatever. Hope it helps you. I find myself using it quite a bit nowadays.

Northwoods Woman said...

Come up here and visit me and we will compare pains! LOL

Norman said...

sounds like stress. go get a mega massage!!!

oh - and by the way - your new profile picture totally made my day!! Too funny!!

Norman

Andi said...

Misty - A massage sounds really good actually.
Guy- Scott taught me how to meditate years ago and I do meditate at night to help myself sleep. I've never tried the muscle thing though and will try that today. thanks!

LOL Livey!! I fear losing! lol

Thanks Norman! I put that picture up there because it reminds me of being in Mexico! I was SO relaxed there.

Northwoods Woman said...

Nah, it's not about winning or losing, gf it's about playing the game!

sue said...

Guy's right - stress is a killer for sure! Hope you get to feelin' better soon.